Links to Works Order(s)
A sales document can be linked to a Works Order in several ways:
- By creating the Works Order from the sales document line
- By actioning a new Works Order recommendation tagged to the Sales Order in MRP
- By manually adding a link from within the Works Order
- By manually adding a link from within the sales document
Where a sales document is linked, the linked Works Order(s) can be viewed from within the Sales document line.
Sales Orders, Quotations and Proforma Invoices can all be linked to Works Orders.
Use this screen to manage Works Order links from within the sales document.
Adding and Viewing linked Works Order(s)
Open: Sales Order Processing > Sales Orders > Amend Order > Edit Item
Open: Sales Order Processing > Sales Orders > View Order > View Item
- Click on the Linked Works Order(s) button.
The Linked Works Orders window appears, displaying all Works Orders currently linked to the sales document line.
Add links to Works Orders
1. Click Links to Works Order to view and add links to open Works Orders.
- The Links to Works Order(s) window appears.
2. All outstanding Works Orders producing the item are listed, displaying the order quantity, outstanding quantity, and quantity already linked to an order.
3. To see more information about a Works Order, select it and click View Works Order to open the View Works Order screen.
4. To add a link, select each order to link and set a quantity to link. The quantity cannot exceed the Qty Outstanding on the Works Order; the total quantity linked cannot exceed the line quantity of the sales document line.
5. To complete the changes, click Link.