Refresh MRP must be run when using the Planning module to give recommendations to make or buy, cancel or reschedule orders.
Like the Demand Schedule, MRP does not display real-time data; it must be refreshed to update its recommendations.
MRP uses the Included demands from the Demand Schedule, then combines the demand data with replenishment data from various sources, including Stock Levels, Works Orders, Purchase Orders, Quarantine and Goods In Transit.
When MRP identifies a shortage for a built item it explodes the BOM into component parts, through sub-assembly BOMs to the lowest level.
MRP is also time-phased, so its recommendations are date driven, based on the calculated lead time for built and bought items.
MRP calculates lead times based on infinite capacity; however, the Capacity Planning area in Works Orders provides a rough-cut comparison of Works Order demands to production capacity and highlights potential over, or under, resourcing issues.
Before you begin
Ensure you have setup the Planning module as required for MRP:
- Go to Cim200 Planning > Utilities > System Set Up > Maintain Planning Settings | General to configure default settings for refreshing MRP.
Open: Cim200 Planning > MRP > Refresh MRP
Open: Cim200 Planning > MRP List View
Select Refresh MRP
1. Review settings for refreshing MRP. Some settings are defaulted from Maintain Planning Settings but can be changed as required.
Planning Horizon Date : Any demands or replenishments dated after this date will be excluded from the MRP.
- See Planning Settings for more details.
Replenishment Horizon : This defaults to the setting in Planning Settings.
Aggregate Demand : Select whether to Aggregate multiple demands per item into more summarised recommendations, to reduce the number of re-order recommendations created by MRP. If enabled, MRP will choose to aggregate recommendations based on each item’s Aggregation Method set in Stock Item Details.
Include replenishments from : Configure which replenishment sources to include in the MRP refresh. It is usually recommended to include all sources. To only include certain sources, untick All Replenishment Sources and tick each required source.
Note: If Quarantine is ticked as a replenishment source, stock Quarantined as part of a Purchase Order Receipt or Works Order Completion that is awaiting inspection will be included as a replenishment source for its destination warehouse. Stock Quarantined via Stock Control (Add Stock, Transfer Stock) does not have a destination warehouse, so it will be ignored.
Target Items: MRP should usually be run for all items, to ensure that all demands and replenishments are captured by MRP before it makes recommendations. Use this setting for testing and what-if scenarios, to run MRP only for Specific Stock Records, Specific Sales Orders or Specific Works Orders.
- Selecting a ‘Specific…’ option will allow the user to specify which records to include by choosing the required saved filter. Filters must first be created in the relevant list view.
- For specific stock items, saved filters for the Cim200 Stock Control List view can be selected for use.
- Specific Sales Orders uses filters for the Sales Orders List.
- Specific Works Orders uses filters for the Cim200 Works Orders List.
2. To run MRP, click Run MRP…