Open: Stock Control > Adjustments > Manage Stocktake | Enter Values
Cim200 will update stock records for traceable items when a variance between the expected quantity and the actual quantity is recorded.
As the Actual Qty is entered, if it varies from the expected quantity the Traceable Item Count screen is opened automatically for recording the specific traceable numbers that have been counted.
Alternatively, it can be opened by selecting Set Traceable Item Count.
For Batched items, the Quantity field defaults to the expected quantity, but can be changed to the actual quantity counted for each batch.
The Add New Batch Numbers button allows for recording counted batch numbers that aren’t currently in stock in Sage. Click this button, then set the Batch Number and quantity for each additional batch.
As changes are made to the Quantity field, the new total is reflected in Batch quantities selected. The Total quantity holds the counted quantity entered; once the two totals agree click OK to complete the traceable details.
If OK is selected when the two totals don’t agree click Yes to change the Actual Qty to match the total in Batch quantities selected, or click No to stay in the screen and make changes until the totals do agree.
For Serialised items, all serial numbers default as selected but can be unselected to remove them from the count. Only serial numbers that are not allocated can be unselected.
The Add New Serial Numbers button allows for recording counted serial numbers that aren’t currently in stock in Sage. Click this button, then set each additional serial number, or use Auto Create Nos to have Sage generate numbers.
As serial numbers are selected and de-selected, the new total is reflected in Serial numbers selected. The Total quantity holds the actual quantity entered; once the two totals agree click OK to complete the traceable details.
If OK is selected when the two totals don’t agree the option is to change the Actual Qty to match the total in Serial numbers selected or stay in the screen and make changes until the totals do agree.
Outcomes for Traceable Items
- The stock records are updated with the new stock quantity.
- If the stock quantity has increased, the new stock is bought in using the average cost price, unless the item’s costing method is Standard cost, whereupon it will use the standard cost.
- If the stock quantity has decreased, it is issued at a cost according to the item’s cost method.
- A stock movement history is recorded with a movement type of Stocktake. The traceable numbers that were found or lost are adjusted in/out as part of this transaction.
- An adjustment is posted to the stock nominal account for each stock item, and the Variance nominal account specified on the count.
- The transaction date used is the Stocktake date when the count values were entered.