Where a Works Order involves subcontract operations, supplier prices can be setup with quantity breaks so that, where the price changes according to the quantity ordered, the Purchase Order to the subcontractor can still be generated with the correct price.
Multiple suppliers can be set against a subcontract operation, and each can have its own set of quantity breaks.
To streamline setting up quantity breaks, use this screen to define the number of breaks and how each one should be populated.
To enter or amend Subcontract Quantity Breaks
Open: Cim200 Works Orders > Works Orders > Enter New Works Order | Operations | Subcontract
Open: Cim200 Works Orders > Works Orders > Amend Works Order | Operations | Subcontract
Open: Cim200 Works Orders > Works Orders > Amend Works Order (Elevated Privileges) | Operations | Subcontract
Open: Cim200 Works Orders > Enquiries > View Works Order | Operations | Subcontract
Note: The View Works Order option allows you to view the orders but not amend them.
1. From the Suppliers area, select the record to add quantity break pricing.
2. Click in the Quantity Breaks area, then click on Auto Generate to create a new set of quantity breaks.
3. To continue, click Yes when prompted to remove existing entries.
4. Enter the Auto Generate Details:
- Start From : Enter the From quantity for the first break.
- Intervals Of : Enter the intervals for the quantity breaks. The End quantity on each break will be calculated by adding this value to each Start quantity.
- Number of Entries : Enter the number of quantity breaks to generate.
5. Enter the Defaults:
- Default Cost : Enter the default cost of the items in the first quantity break.
- Intervals Of : Enter a value to decrease the default cost of the items for subsequent quantity breaks.
- Default Hours Offsite : Enter the default number of hours items are spent offsite for the first quantity break.
- Intervals Of : Enter a value to increase the default number of hours offsite for subsequent quantity breaks.
- Rate Per Item : Select this check box to set the cost per individual item in the quantity break. Leave this check box clear if the cost is for a batch of any quantity in the band.
6. Click OK.
The quantity breaks are automatically generated and shown on the Subcontract tab.