To add a quantity of the built item on a Works Order into stock, use the Complete Works Order screen.
The full outstanding order quantity can be completed, or just part of the order.
For partial completions the order can be left open for further completions later. However, if there will be no further completions, despite there being an outstanding quantity to complete, the order can be set as fully complete. The option to allow this must be enabled in Works Order settings.
To save time, completions can be recorded against multiple orders together.
Rules for completing Works Orders
- Stock must be issued to the works order before you can complete the order, unless the Allow Completion at any time option is enabled in the Completion Options section of the General tab in Works Order settings.
- It is possible to complete more of a built item than was originally required, if the Allow User to Over-Complete option is enabled in the Completion Options section of the General tab in Works Order settings.
- A Works Order can be completed even if not all component costs are confirmed, or if there are other costs still to be recorded.
Completing an order does not finalise it, as there may be further costs to be added. As such, completing a built item into stock adds it at an unconfirmed cost; the value of the order remains in Work In Progress. This is reflected in Work In Progress reporting and in the Stock Valuation reporting from the Stock Control module.
To finalise an order, once all the completed stock has been recorded, it must also be Closed using the Close Works Orders screen. Closing confirms the final cost of the order and moves the total cost from Work In Progress to the nominal account associated with the built item.
The details of each selected Works Order are displayed below:
Works Order : The Works Order number to complete.
Bom Reference : The built item Reference.
Description : The built item Name.
Outstanding Qty : The works order quantity to make, minus any already completed.
Comp. Association : Indicates whether the Works Order has Component Association enabled. If Yes, the issued traceable numbers of components must be associated with the traceable numbers of built items as part of the completion.
Backflush : Only available if Enable Backflushing is ticked in Works Order Settings. Tick this option to complete orders and issue component stock at the same time.
Note – there must be sufficient free stock of all components to issue the quantity required for the quantity completed. If not, the completed quantity must be reduced or free stock must be increased for short components.
Max. Completion Qty : The maximum quantity that can currently be completed. If not all the required component materials have been issued to the order the maximum quantity will reflect the most that can be made based on what has been issued.
- If the Max Completion Qty is zero, this could indicate that one or more components has not been issued to the order.
Warehouse : The warehouse location where the built item will be added into stock. This defaults from the warehouse set on the Works Order but it can be changed.
- If the completed item is set to go into Quarantine, stock that passes inspection will be added into this warehouse.
Bin : The bin location where the built item will be added into stock. This defaults from the bin set on the Works Order but can be changed.
- If the completed item is set to go into Quarantine, stock that passes inspection will be added into this bin.
Complete : This option is only available if Allow completion at any time is enabled in Cim200 Works Order Settings. If the option is ticked as the completion is entered, the status of the order is set to Completed even if there is an outstanding quantity to complete. Once the status of an order is set to Completed no more completions can be entered against it.
- To complete a works order which has still an outstanding quantity – for example, the works order is for 100 but only 92 will be built – enter the completed quantity for the individual works order and select the Completion check box on the order line.
- If there is an Outstanding Quantity on the order, and this option is not ticked, the order status will be set to Part Completed, allowing further completions until the required quantity has been fully completed.
Quarantine : Ticking this option on completion will place completed quantity into Quarantine, awaiting inspection. It will not go to the specified warehouse and bin until it has been inspected and passed.
- If the built item is enabled for Quarantine and for WO Completion in the Details tab of Stock Item Details, this option will default as ticked.
To Complete Qty : Enter the quantity to complete. The quantity cannot exceed the Outstanding Qty unless the Allow User to Over-Complete option is enabled in Works Order Settings.