Entering Additional Costs
Use the Enter Additional Costs option to add costs to the Works Order which are not part of the main cost types: Materials, Labour, Machine, Subcontract, Tooling and Overheads.
Examples of other costs could include expenses, special purchases, petty cash payments, etc.
If in Stock Control Settings the option is ticked to Integrate stock management with the nominal ledger, cost postings will be made to the Nominal Ledger.
Note: Use the Adjust Costs screen to correct any additional costs posted in error
Before you begin
You must have:
- Set up any Additional Expense Codes, if required. These are set up using the Enter New Additional Expense Code screen.
Entering Additional Costs
Open: Cim200 Works Orders > Works Orders List > Enter Additional Costs
- Select required order to add additional costs to and click the Enter Additional Costs button above the list view.
From the menu:
Open: Cim200 Works Orders > Processing > Operational Costs > Enter Additional Costs
- Select or type the Works Order
To enter Additional Costs
1. Type the Reference or click Select Predefined Code to display the list of available Additional Cost codes.
2. If a predefined code is used, the Reference and default Description, Date, Quantity, Unit Cost, Nominal Code and Narrative are automatically entered. These can all be overwritten.
3. If not selecting a predefined code:
- Enter a Quantity.
- Enter or change the Unit Cost.
- Enter or select a valid Nominal Ledger account.
- Enter the required Narrative.
4. Go to the Attachments tab to add any attachments which relate to the cost.
Add attachments to additional costs
Use this to include files and documents about the additional cost. You can store the file with the record, or include links to files that are kept on a local or network drive.
- If the attachment is a file, a copy of the file is stored with the account/record on the server.
- If the attachment is a link or a folder, only the location of the file or folder is stored; e.g. it might be a file or folder on your network.
Adding and viewing attachments
Add a file
To add a file to the additional cost:
1. Click Add File.
2. Select the file(s) that you want to add.
A copy of the file will be displayed in the list, and will be marked with a status of New. The file will only be added to the account or record when you save it.
Tip: You can also use drag-and-drop to add files to the attachments list.
Add a link to a file
To add a link to a file:
1. Click Add Link.
2. Select the file(s) that you want to add a link to.
A link to the file will be displayed in the list, and will be marked with a status of New. The link will be added to the additional cost when you save it.
Tip: You can also use drag-and-drop to add links to the attachments list; hold down the Alt key to create a link (instead of adding the file).
Add a link to a folder
To add a link to a folder:
1. Click Add Folder.
2. Select the folder(s) that you want to add a link to.
A link to the folder will be displayed in the list, and will be marked with a status of New. The link will be additional cost when you save it.
Tip: You can also use drag-and-drop to add folder links to the attachments list.
To view the file, link or folder from an additional cost
1. Select the item.
2. Click View.
3. If you are viewing a file or link, you can either view or save it.
- To view the file, click View.
- To save a copy of the file, click Save As.
Note: To modify an attached file; save the file and edit it, and then add it as a file again (you will be asked to overwrite the old file). To modify a linked file, you just need to edit and save the file in its original location.
Delete a file, link or folder
Note: If you delete a file, the file will be removed from the server. If you delete a link or a folder, only the link will be removed and the file or folder that is linked to will remain intact.
To delete a file, link or folder:
1. Select the item to delete.
2. Click Delete.
3. The item will be marked with a status of Deleted.
Tip: If you do not want to delete an item, select it and click Undelete.
4. You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the item when you save the account or record.
Set a description for a file, link or folder
You can enter a description for an item in the attachments list:
1. Select the item.
2. Click Set description.
3. Enter the description for the item and click OK.
4. The description will be displayed in the Description column.
5. Click Confirm to save the cost but continue entering costs for the same Works Order. Click Confirm and Clear to save the cost and clear the Works Order number.