During manufacture, components or raw materials may become spoilt or damaged and need to be scrapped. You can scrap materials after they have been issued to the Works Order.
Open: Works Orders > Works Order List.
- Select the works order you want to record completed scrap for.
- Select the Scrap Components button above the list view.
From the menu:
Open: Cim200 Works Orders > Processing > Scrap > Scrap Components
- Select the works order from the drop-down list.
1. All components which have a WIP quantity on the Works Order will be listed. WIP quantity is the quantity of stock issued to the order which has not already been scrapped.
You can view the amount required and the number of components that have been scrapped already.
2. Set the appropriate Scrap Date. This date will be used in scrap history records.
3. If reissuing any stock at the same time as scrapping, set the Reissue Date. This date will be used in component transaction history records and for Nominal Ledger postings.
4. Against the component to scrap, select the appropriate Scrap Code.
5. Also enter the quantity of the components to scrap in the Scrap Now Qty box.
6. To issue more stock in replacement for the scrapped goods, enter the quantity to issue in the Re-Issue Now Qty box.
7. To record a specific note about the reason for scrapping, enter required text into the Scrappage Reason box at the bottom of the screen.