Open: Cim200 Works Orders > Utilities > System Setup > Maintain Works Order Analysis Codes
Analysis codes are extra pieces of information that can be added to Works Orders and their Operations and Components.
Each analysis code has two parts; a Code for the type of information, and a set of Values that can be applied to each item.
Before selecting Analysis Code values for use on Works Orders, the analysis codes must be setup in Accounting System Manager > Settings > Maintain Analysis Codes.
Note: Works Order component analysis codes and Works Order operation analysis codes are not configured from this screen.
To configure analysis codes for Works Order components, go to Bill of Materials > Maintenance > Maintain Component Analysis Codes.
To configure analysis codes for Works Order operations, go to Bill of Materials > Maintenance > Maintain Operation Analysis Codes.
The analysis codes used for Bill of Materials is configured separately, in Bill of Materials > Utilities > System Set Up > Bill of Material Settings.
Where the same analysis code is used in both Bill of Materials and Works Orders, the analysis code value in the built item’s Bill of Materials will be copied automatically to the corresponding analysis code on the Works Order.
Set the analysis code to use for Works Orders
1. Select a blank row in the Name column and select an analysis code from the drop-down list.
2. If required, enter a different Field Label.
- The field label appears as the Analysis Code label on the Works Order.
3. Select Mandatory if all your Works Orders must use this analysis code.
- To make a code Mandatory, you must have specified a default value for this analysis code in Accounting System Manager.
- If a code is Mandatory, you cannot save a Works Order without specifying a value for this analysis code